Monday 16 May 2011

How it all begun

It all begun on a exam day's eve. A while studying for said exam, a friend taught me a word in kirundi ("Genda" meaning "Go") and said I had good pronunciation. Later, she taught me few more words. On one day, I was pretty bored and thinking why not, I began surfing the web to find new words in kirundi. After that, another friend got me a dictionary so I could continue learning. I began meeting more and more people from Burundi and learning more and more words, until one day, about two years ago, the crazy idea of me travelling over there began to surface up. After a few bumps in the ride, my ticket has been bought, on May 14th. So I am leaving Canada on August 6th, coming back on September 8th and I will spend a few days in Rwanda for a friend's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment